Brains & Beauty Brains & Beauty Home About Me TPT Beauty Teaching Pinterest Facebook Instagram TPT Store Contact Me Image Map

Thursday, March 10, 2016

A STAAR is Born!

Yall! I have been slaving away to share with you one of the hardest things I've ever created. As a math teacher last year, I understand the importance of repetitiveness when it comes to skills. My students have struggled this year with a lot of the basic skills of reading, like using context clues, fact/opinion, and cause & effect. So I started scouring the internet for resources that would quickly review those things and came up short everywhere I looked. I remember a resource our school purchased last year for math and I thought "I need that for reading" BUT IT DOES NOT EXIST! This is where my reading spiral review was born. Talk about a labor of love. I will be starting it with  my fourth grade babies the day we return from Spring Break to get them motivated and ready for the dreaded STAAR. 


Here is a SNEAK PEEK into what all is included:

9 Mini Anchor Charts!
They are low prep, print 2 to a page, and can be used to reteach and review the skills.







30 DAYS of Spiral Review!

Each day hits the same 8-9 skills!
Authors Purpose
Cause/Effect
Dictionary Skills
Context Clues
Drawing Conclusions
Point of View
Fact/Opinion
Similes/Metaphors
Problem/Solution



I really tried to make these meaningful and rigorous so that my students get the necessary daily practice. Stay tuned for how I will implement these into my classroom using Kahoot, Jenga, Trashketball, and MANY MORE GAMES!

You can find this in my TPT store along with a STAAR Math Spiral for 3rd.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! Great job! I wish I could find something like this brilliant idea that aligned to Florida's FSA! You're a rockstar! (Just a heads up, in case you hadn't caught it, I was looking at one of the example pages and there was an error where it talks about the skunk and it's spray). You may have already caught it prior to making your preview, just thought I would help.����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie!

    I won Katie's (rock & teach) stomp the staar reading bundle. I was wondering if it was possible to grab this amazing Reading spiral from you as well!?! My kids and I would love you forever!!!

    You can email me at kirstieddavis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you say "worst blogger ever?" I am just now seeing this, as much as I hate to admit it!! I did send this to you right? I just want to be sure!

      Delete