Brains & Beauty Brains & Beauty Home About Me TPT Beauty Teaching Pinterest Facebook Instagram TPT Store Contact Me Image Map

Monday, February 23, 2015

Teachers Are Heroes

Hey Y'all! It's hard to believe that we are winding down the last few days of February and only 9 days until SPRING BREAK! Every single teacher out there can appreciate that :) Just the other day, I had heart palpitations thinking about the number of instructional days left until our test. Hard to believe that my first full year is flying so fast. Anyway, TPT has saved me this year and I really don't know what I would do without it. This community has changed my way of teaching and I couldn't be happier with everything I've learned through my many blogging/TPT buddies. I read an article the other day that really upset me. "Teachers don't work hard, we have summers and winter break off..." The list goes on and on. Until you have been a teacher, it is hard to fathom the amount of work we actually put in. I could not have survived this year with the wonderful resources that I've found on TPT so I am excited to give back during the Teachers are Heroes sale. 


So I have linked my with my fellow Texas teacher, Stephanie, from Mrs D's Corner to share what I have in my cart. 





So we use our notebooks almost every day in math. I own nearly every interactive notebook from Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher so my notebooks ROCK! My kids love working in their notebooks and are always 100% engaged. I am excited to add the Fractions Interactive Notebook to my toolbox while we continue to review for our STAAR test. Seriously, once you get one ITNB, you will want them all. 




I love all things task cards! I use them in centers, as scoot activities, and even in small groups. We are currently working on Area & Perimeter and I have my eye on this Perimeter & Area Pirate Task Card Bundle from Debbi at The 3rd Grade Pad.



I love EVERYTHING from Jessica Hursh's Store! Her math centers are phenomenal. This time unit is no exception and I plan to use every bit of it during our time unit! I've had this on my wish list for some time and I am so excited to finally call it mine, and just in time to teach time before spring break. 




With the STAAR test just around the corner, I am so glad to find resources aligned perfectly to my standards, the TEKS. These test prep centers from the Science Penguin will supplement our review perfectly. I am excited to put them in centers as review before the big day. 



This set from Blair Turner is going to fit well into my math centers. I love that it includes multiplication and division fact practice as well as rounding in a fun way. I ALWAYS need new things to incorporate into centers and tutoring!




Last, but not least, is this adorable Math Kidletts set from Melonheadz! I am addicted to clip art and since I am a math teacher, this just seems like a logical purchase. Seriously, these are so adorable! I cannot wait to create some fun resources with this set. 




Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out whats in my cart! 




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I CANNOT wait to create beautiful things with it. Melonheadz is my new obsession, they are just so cute!!

      Delete